The Gibraltar Yacht Registry
The Gibraltar Yacht Registry is an internationally recognised, high quality registry providing an efficient and cost-effective service, it is an ideal choice for yacht owners who want the confidence of belonging to a British Register and flying the Red Ensign.
As a member of the Red Ensign Group, there is flexibility of transfer to and/or from other Red Ensign ports in an efficient manner. The Registry offers very competitive rates to other British ports, including a 24hr turn-around service on the provision of official documents.
With over 900 active pleasure yachts on the register, all enjoy and benefit from a comprehensive maritime legislation based on English Common Law supported by a first rate legal and fiscal environment. Our ownership eligibility criteria allows owners from around the globe to take advantage of the many benefits we offer.
Gibraltar has no VAT system.
From a legal perspective, registering a yacht in Gibraltar offers many advantages of security and reliability:
• The yacht will fly the defaced British flag (Red Ensign) together with the international recognition, protection and prestige that comes with it.
• The ability to seek assistance from any of the British embassies and consulates worldwide where the vessel may be situated.
• Legal title of yacht ownership on registration or transfer of ownership is straightforward.
• All vital details concerning the yacht is contained in the Register, and in the Certificate of British Registry (‘Blue Book’).
• The Register is a public record, open to inspection by interested third parties, such as buyers, and/or potential lenders, offering security as to title.
• The Register enables the owner to dispose of the yacht easily in a cost-effective and timely manner.
• All legal mortgages are required to be registered, enabling interested parties to ascertain from this public record whether a yacht is free from encumbrances or registered liens.